Thursday, July 15, 2010

Disengaging from work

Disengaging from work has been extra difficult this week. I am currently working for an IT consulting company and I thoroughly enjoy my job on most days. This week both of my superiors are on vacation and it's made my job pretty stressful. I had just come off my vacation and needed to catch up on somethings but never had the chance to; hitting the ground running with outstanding requests and new projects. I'm looking forward to next week when my attention will not be pulled in quite so many directions.
Regardless of this week or not, I find it rather difficult to disengage my brain from my work. It seems that when I get home I'm always thinking about the business, how I can improve it, how I can improve myself etc. I decided in college that no matter what kind of job I had after graduation that I wouldn't be one of those guys who sacrifices family time for the business. I believe God makes it clear that your identity should not be in your work but in Him, then your family, then maybe your job.
I'm going to have to cut this one short, but would love to hear any suggestions on "clearing the mind" when it's time to spend time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment