Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wow it's been awhile

Okay so you'll have to forgive me for the lack of posts. I don't have a good excuse, I just kept forgetting to write. I do have a follow up to some of the posts I've previously written.

First, I did complete several chapters of my Unix for Mac Users book before I was swamped at work and the last thing I wanted to do on the weekend was spend more time on the computer. Well recently I've been working on my Linux server administrator skills and have learned a lot in the last couple weeks. With the help of the guys at work for some practical examples and a great VI tutorial online, I'm on my way!

Next, it seems I have been swayed away from the idea of my next car...the Honda Accord has been pushed back for the newer Acura TSX. The TSX is basically the European version of the Accord so it's still in the family. I'm hoping to test drive one soon to really be sure it's the car for me. Sometimes it's tough to be content with our current vehicles breaking down and having issues but God's been good to us. Yesterday Brandy took her car in because both front tires (relatively new) were losing air overnight. They found a nail in one (replaced it) and repaired the other for $14! Now we just have to decide what we're going to do about the leaking oil and radiator in Brandy's car and the failing struts in mine...

There's a quick update, nothing to write home about but I hope I can get back into the swing of writing weekly again.

1 comment: